NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Annuals for 2017

The cover images of some of the year 2017 annuals have been released, showing on Amazon for anyone wishing to pre-order the books. There will be more titles than this of course (The Beano Annual is missing for a start) but I thought you might like to see what's been shown so far.

The books should be out around August.











5 comments:

Hibernia Comics said...

Great covers to the DCT ones, especially the Dandy. Is the text a bit off on the Broons/Oor Wullie Joint annual?

Unknown said...

I am always amazed at how successful "Oor Wullie" and "The Broons" are when other great comics have failed The Dandy, Victor etc - I always suspected that they would be the first annuals to go especially after Dudley Watkins reprints stopped - They seem to buck the trend and maybe DCT should try this more have an English / Welsh version(Cockney, Yorkshire etc) - saying that Oor Wullie was my favourite as a kid.

James Spiring said...

Paul, Beezer character Ginger was basically an English version of Wullie - and is another one originally drawn by Dudley Watkins. It's a shame the Beano/Dandy reprint books don't use characters from some of the other comics.

It's odd that the Beano Annual cover is missing when all of the other DCT covers are out - I wonder why?

Lew Stringer said...

No idea. I wasn't asked to contribute to the Beano Annual 2017 so I've no idea what's in it but it is being published.

Andrew Worrall said...

Do you guys know when the Beano one will be published? Or, will it he before August 5? (My Birthday)

Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...